miércoles, 19 de agosto de 2009

At Old Billy's Best

He laughed:

"Darling, I clearly don't have any bones left!"

Old Billy sat in a chair in a defiantly poise, beer in hand.
Himself, slightly watery eyes and a cleanse soul.

Coughed.

He said to Rose, who was indoors: "This is the best we've ever looked"


"But I'm staring at the tip of my callous hands and wondering if our joy is ending soon. And wondering aches, sweetheart. It's the matador swording the bull and never looking back."

"I was a child and I used to run by the cemetery of the town. I now look at the cemetery knowing we will someday be a dried up branch inside these cold Sahara deserts longing every tissue of our holy bodies."

If the thought perishes I'll be packing my own self.

"And will our tombstones be together?
I re-arranged all of my teeth, a truce with beings that I cannot touch."

"We will be an oasis. And a voice will say:

The water was warm
even before you arrived."

1 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

"I now look at the cemetery and knowing we will someday be a dry branch inside these cold Sahara deserts longing every tissue of our holy bodies."

"The water was warm
even before you arrived."

esas fueron las 2 frases que más me gustaron! :)