jueves, 18 de junio de 2009

Edna, in pain

Edna, move left.
Edna, make sure the house stays clean.
Edna, water the birdbath.
Edna, boil warm milk.
Edna, do the dishes and

do them alright.

Edna, don't be rude now.
the Guests deserve the finest.
Don't forget

to say 'thank you'
and 'your

welcome'.

Look Edna, the milkman's here.
He brought the horse,
oh wait,
this isn't the horse you wanted.
Keep it, Edna.

Edna, let's go down to my uncle's farm, we won't be seen.
we'll watch the cows growl,
we'll attempt to cross the river, we'll fall, Edna.

You'll net butterflies,
I will throw pebbles in the river,

You'll gather flowers,
I will knock apples down.

In three-way glances we'll wander
with the wind afront
and green grass below.
Let your hair loose, Edna.

Let's go to the cliff, now.
We'll sing at the top of our lungs,
and we'll whisper, softly.





Oh, Edna
Lend me peace of mind, Edna, lend me.
Lend me heartsease.

You're evil, Edna.

1 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

¡oh! ¡que hermoso! me imaginé el campo inglés
me gusta la forma como lo escribiste, me dio la impresión como de que al principio Edna está limitada, pero luego es libre..
:]